One of the royal houses in The Great Park at Windsor, Cumberland Lodge was built in 1650. For much of its subsequent history it was the official residence of the Ranger of The Great Park - a Crown appointment always held by someone close to the Sovereign. The Lodge was made available by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1947 to be used by academics, students, lawyers, doctors, and other professional groups for conferences and symposia.
The Lodge has beautiful gardens. Its study and sitting rooms can be used by the participants. All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Junior participants share twin bedrooms. The bar opens before lunch and dinner and generally closes between 10pm and 11pm.
More information for particpants is given in this brochure.